The Restoration House, in partnership with the Chalmers Center trains churches and ministries in Faith & Finances, a biblically integrated financial education curriculum designed specifically for low-income people. Through Faith & Finances, churches can train the materially poor in practical money management skills and unpack how our money is part of God’s work in the world. The $450 training package equips you to walk with your low-income neighbors over time, leading to lasting transformation.
Why Faith & Finances?
Becoming a Faith & Finances facilitator prepares you to:
- Move your church or ministry from giving things to the poor to building relationships with the poor, leading to long-term change
- Apply the poverty alleviation principles described in When Helping Hurts to your context
- Create a concrete financial education ministry plan tailored to your community
- Train low-income people in concrete money management skills, such as budgeting, managing debt, and setting savings goals
- Mobilize church members to serve as allies alongside participants, engaging your broader ministry circles in the work of poverty alleviation
See what facilitators are saying about Faith & Finances:
Browse portions of the Faith & Finances curriculum:
- Faith & Finances Curriculum Overview
- Faith & Finances Curriculum Outline
- Faith & Finances Sample Lesson – Session 4: Setting Savings Goals
How to Get Trained?
Start Faith & Finances classes at your church or ministry by:
- Completing four weeks of online training, unpacking the principles of effective poverty alleviation and adult education
- Attending the live training event, practicing facilitating the course and using the curriculum with Lori Haskell, a Faith & Finances Lead Trainer.
- Joining our online community of facilitators and staff members, learning from each other’s experiences and supporting each other in prayer
Training costs $450 at the early bird rate and $500 within one week of the start of online training.
Register for our next session below. If you have any questions or need more information please email Lori Haskell or call at 865-200-5406 EXT 102.